What do you get when you combine the classic arcade action of your favorite side-scrolling beat em’up games like River City Ransom and Final Fight with the craziness and fun of your favorite anime convention? The official Otakon video game! Get excited: Studio Nasu is teaming up with Otakon to bring you something special for the con’s 20th year! Introducing Crisis Heart Brawlers: Clash at Otakon!
The 20th Anniversary of Otakon! A can’t-miss event! A celebration that our heroes have to save from alien invaders, mad psychics and evil doppelgangers! There’s only 3 Nights & 3 Days before a mysterious mastermind known only as Dr. V is able to tap the mental power plant of tens of thousands of hyped-up anime fans to take over the world! Our heroes are no slouches though — they’ve been at this convention game for a long time — and with their skills, their fandom for their Favorite Anime, and the privilege of a few special Badges, they might have themselves a fighting chance!…
• 1-4 player side-scrolling, beat em’ up arcade action across richly detailed, anime-themed stages!
• Over five game modes including Team and Free for All Versus modes!
• Over 6 playable characters including Otakon’s mascots Hiroshi and Hiroko and Megatokyo’s Ping!
An all-star creative team!
• Beat up evil cosplayers! Flip tables! Drink Ice Cold Water™! Experience the con the way you’ve always wanted to! (Don’t try this in real life! We’re professionals!)• Art by Robert DeJesus, TW Hord, Dave Lister, Jason “Crybringer” Robinson and more!
• Music by Eyeshine, Jake “Virt” Kaufman, DJ Cutman, Inverse Phase and more!
• Voices by Johnny Yong Bosch, Cristina Vee, Kyle Hebert, Todd Haberkorn and more!
• Story by Dave Lister, Martin “Little Kuriboh” Piers Billany, Fred Gallagher and more!
What could possibly make this game any better? You! Back this project on Kickstarter to get involved in the game’s development! See behind the scenes as the game takes shape, contribute ideas, get your name in the game’s credits, and score amazing, limited edition art, music and swag!
We’ll be at Otakon next week making the official announcement and launching the kickstarter! =) Come by and play the game and meet the team while you’re at it. We’ll be haunting the Magfest Table, The Studio Nasu table in the Ally, and our game stations at the Otakon table in the dealer’s room and the game room. A kickstarter URL will be forthcoming.
We have many more announcements to make, so stay tuned! We are excite!